A nude eye with bold lips is one of my favorite daytime looks because it naturally enhances the two features that demand the most attention. And mostly because it’s the easiest, quickest looks to wear for someone who is a victim of the snooze
button (Anyone else?). Because I am pretty pale, a pop of lip color is often enough to make me instantly put together, with or without makeup. As I have mentioned, collecting lip products has become an uncontrollable guilty pleasure. Here are some of my current favorite fool-proof lipsticks to use on a daily basis to go with a basic nude eye. (Fool-proof meaning I can apply it half-asleep).
As you guys can see, I am mostly into natural looking, rosy-pink colors. I just realized that they all pretty much look the same but I double pinky swear that they are all different!
- YSL Volupté Sheer Candy – If I had to pick two, they would be No2 Dewy Papaya and No7 Sweet Fig. These glide on super easy, leaving behind a fruity mango scent and a sexy tint. No2 Dewy Papaya gives a peachy hue, perfect for summer and No7 Sweet Fig’s sheer red gives the perfect sexy red tint during the winter season.
- Dior Addict ‘Lip Glow’ – This is my favorite lip balm/stick to grab when I don’t have a mirror but in need of an instant pop of color. I love that it has some SPF and brings out my natural lip color to transform my entire look.
- NARS ‘Dolce Vita’ – I can’t say this enough – this is the definition of love at first sight swipe. This is seriously so natural, pretty, and truly moisturizing! Doesn’t dry out my lips at all. If I am only allowed one lipstick for rest of my life, it would most definitely be this one.
- Revlon SuperLustrous – I have a lot of lipsticks in this line, but my current favorites are 683 Demure and 423 Pink Velvet. Demure is one of my favorite MLBB’s and Pink Velvet is my go to when I am feeling bold.
- Jack Black ‘Natural Mint’ – Even though this is found in the men’s section at Nordstrom (I’m not a man, I promise!), this is my absolute must-have. I put this on every night and wake up with super soft lips. Also, I find it reassuring to know that I can kiss people without having my lips peeling everywhere.
- EOS Lipbalm – I have a problem with collecting these babies and never using them up. My current favorite is Raspberry Pomegranate. I like to use this throughout the day, and the scent helps mask my hungry cravings.
If I had the magical ability to wake up without the urge to snooze, I would definitely play with the smokey eyes with a soft, subtle lip look more often, as eyeshadow is so much fun to play with.